Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I wonder if you can help me I have a 58 reg smart fortwo passion

Customer Question

I wonder if you can help me I have a '58 reg smart fortwo passion 1000cc and recently it keeps flashing the neutral sign on the dash and not going into any gears. It can happen from just starting or when you pull up and go to reverse. You lose all the gears and it takes different intervals before it works again, the best was about 10 seconds the worst about 15 minutes. It does have a slight clunk going into reverse and I was wondering if the clutch needs replacing. It has only done 5500 miles from new, mainly used by my wife driving to and fro work 2.5 mile round trip. Have taken the two connectors off and sprayed with ACF50 which hasn't helped. The problem is getting more frequent now. Any help welcome.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you -

Do you have any fault codes at all? Have you had that test ( or any other ) done?

Rgds, MIKE..........................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No fault codes and no tests done. Yesterday it drove perfectly.