Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

I want to remove a faulty aftermarket Immobiliser, its located

Customer Question

I want to remove a faulty aftermarket Immobiliser, it's located under the dash. How do I go about it?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is Mark and I will try help you with this.

Mark :

Much depends on what type of system has been fitted and how well it was done.

Mark :

What you will need to do is basically check the wiring to see what is power and ground and what is isolators for the immobiliser.

Mark :

The power and ground are easy enough to take care of. You just need to disconnect them from wiring harness or fuse box depending on how they were fitted.

Mark :

The difficult part is finding out what the immobiliser actually isolated. Some isolate the starter motor, the engine ecu, the fuel pump or a combination of these.

Mark :

Normally the wiring would be cut and a section removed and the immobiliser wiring for that isolater would be attached to either end of the cut wire and a relay inside the immobiliser would reconnect the circuit when it was disabled.

Mark :

You are going to have to work out what circuits the immobiliser was connected to, identify both ends of the wiring and reconnect them.

Mark :

Hopefully it would have been fitted by an amateur and the wiring will just have been cut but no sections of it removed.