Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

HOW DO I REMOVE AND INSTALL A SELECTER UNIT FOR MY S/TYPE

Customer Question

HOW DO I REMOVE AND INSTALL A SELECTER UNIT FOR MY S/TYPE AUTO JAG. W REG W923VLP. IVE ALREADY ASKED FOR A MOBILE MECHANIC TO COME TO MY HOME.THE QUESTION I ASKED I NEVER GOT AN ANSWER TOO.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Mike : Hello and Welcome...
Mike : My name is MIKE, I'm happy to help you re yiur wuestion.
Mike : i note yiur question says, how do I remove and install a selector unit ... Are you referring go the unit for the gears ?
Mike : i note you are not on line right now, so when you come back on, please let me know as above... Then when I receive your reply I will get back to you ASAP thereafter... Kind Rgds, MIKE...................
JACUSTOMER-gsdxqt4c- :

unit is below the J gate. needs renewing, but a unit from e bay not jaguar

Mike :

Hello again Thank you for your reply - My apologies that I could only just get back to you - What I will do is send you an image which shows the unit and its fixing points. Im assuming by now you have removed the top cover / cowling - and you can therefore carry on and remove / replace the unit -- I have mentioned the method / fixing locations on the image I will send you.

Mike :

So I will send you that image now - .. There are no "written " instructions that Jaguar produce for this as its pretty all straightforward as you will see... click the image as follows to enlarge / use the image :

Mike :

If you do need anything else- by all means just get back to me / ask me... .>> >> > ..Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.