sean
sean, Technician
Experience:  UK based Ford Master Technician. Technician since 1984.
31670004

hi, I brought an X Type Jaguar 02 Reg 2.5 V6, A message has

hi, I brought an X Type Jaguar 02 Reg 2.5 V6, A message has come up saying that the Drivers Rear Passenger Door is open, I have check that the door is shut, It also effects the interior light and alarm, can you please help?
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello, I'm sorry you haven't had an answer to your question.

Do you still require assistance with this concern?

Let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.

Many thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, The only information I can give you I have already given you,

A red light comes up on the dashboard and the message Drivers Rear Passenger Door Open,

I have checked the door is shut.

Because the car thinks the door is open the interior light stays on (I have had to remove the bulb) and therefore the light would have stayed on.

Also the alarm will not work on the remote because of the fault.

The car will only lock if I use the key.

Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

this will be due to a fault with the door ajar switch in the driver's side rear door. The ajar switch is part of the locking motor/latch assembly. To access the latch requires the exterior door handle removing and the interior door trim, you can then remove the trim behind the door trim to access the latch.

The locking won't work with the fob as when you lock the car the control module detects a door open so unlocks the doors again.

An example of the part required is at

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-X-Type-RIGHT-REAR-DOOR-LOCK-ACTUATOR-CATCH-LATCH-SOLENOID-FREE-P-P-/281151072492?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4175e8e8ec

The interior light would eventually turn off as the battery saver would detect the light been on and turn it off.

I hope this helps, once again sorry nobody has given an answer sooner. Let me know if I can advise further.

Best wishes,

Sean.

sean, Technician
Experience: UK based Ford Master Technician. Technician since 1984.