Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I disconnected battery on my C220 cdi to replace faulty indicator

I disconnected battery on my C220 cdi to replace faulty indicator switch.It now shows an ESP fault each time the car is started
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have not yet had any help and this fault message still appears each time I start the car

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to locate the right Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Normally the system will reset after driving around 10 miles on its on. If the system does not reset after this amount of miles, the system will need to be reset using a diagnostic scan tool,this would be the only other way.
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.