Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I am thinking of trading in my 12 Toyota Yaris (Luna) for

I am thinking of trading in my '12 Toyota Yaris (Luna) for a new model but would like advice as to which of the following to go for- Upgrade to a new Yaris sol.My current car is a diesel model.Alternatively I was thinking of going for an Auris (diesel) or a Yaris hybrid.I am a married lady but have no children & have an 80km round trip to work 3 to 4 days a week.What do you think?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

It would depend on personal preferance really as to which you choose to be honest as all three would be generally be cheap to run..Personally and thats only my opinion i wouldnt be so keen on the hybrid..considering the mileage at 80km each day you may want to think about the petrol version again - the current rule it seems if you are currently doing less than 10,000miles a year say - then you are better off actually running a petrol engine,manual/automatic gearbox..Diesels as they are nowadays are pretty economical "but" only if your doing long journeys motorways as such/comutting will you see this to be honest..If it was down to the 3 i would prob stick to a newer Yaris considering the lower mileage with petrol engine..I do hope this helps