Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

The information from Mike about the 2006 Seat Alhambra G419

Customer Question

The information from Mike about the 2006 Seat Alhambra G419 sensor is incorrect and it was me that asked the question!
I still haven't located where it is! Both steering wheel covers, the steering wheel and Airbag have been removed. The lower dash trim under the steering wheel has also been removed. Even look behind the fuse box in case it is hiding behind there. Another possible location was under Gear Stick center console, so that has also been removed. The drivers seat has been removed and I have looked under the passenger seat also removed glove box. Still no luck. The car is in bits now so I need help! Beginning to think it might be part of the ECU.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have already paid for this question once! and the details of the Alhambra are all available on the first question which was uploaded to the web with my registration, chassis Number and full details for all to see. This would make my car very easy to clone! Which I am not very pleased about!

I have paid again for the same the question and if it can be answered correctly and a part number supplied, I am prepared to pay again!

Surely someone in your network must have someone who works for Seat! and has access to the correct publications!

Chris

Hello Chris,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Happy to wait

Hello Chris,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello there -

My name is ***** ***** I have been asked to help you with your enquiry.. Please note - I am not the same Mike that answered you originally - he will doubtless have seen your question ion the lists but chosen not to respond , which he is entitled to to do for whatever reason.

So I am more than happy to help you - I have read through your history --

On this model - the G419 sensor.. people call them different things which could account for the confusion prior.. but if this is the ESP sensor you are referring too - then the first thing to note is, you were told that this is a plug and play - it's not.. it needs setting up with a VCDS diagnostic tool.. Indeed - often a reset can cure faults with it - so you could try that if you haven't already..

So note that as above - but please do just clarify if that is the sensor you are on - and then I will get back to you -

Please note - it will be later today as I will be off for a few hours now - but just reply -and I will get back to you -- then we can progress..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
mikdermoose
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for replying Mike and taking the time to read through the history.

You may have noticed that I have taken the car to my local garage and they did try a reset but they gave up because they could not locate the sensor. I have also looked by following the information given by, the other, Mike and also looked at various internet sites which resulted in removing the internal trim detailed.

The original diagnostics indicated a fault with the G419 sensor. Further diagnostics pointed to a fault in either the Lateral acceleration or Yaw rate sensor. I have since found out that this is either two sensors G200 (Lateral) and a G202(yaw) or it could be combined into a Combi sensor. I don't know if these part numbers are correct but I think I am looking at a

J2 907 639 for Lateral acceleration

J2 907 657B for Yaw

or

J2 907637 G for a combi sensor.

Looked on ebay so I had a idea at what I am looking for but can't find it which is why I though it may be part of something else on this model. Contacted a ECU repair center and asked if the G419 was part of the ECU they said no. So I am stuck!.

Cars runs fine so I can only assume that the traction control is not working because of the faulty part.

Hope this helps and thanks again!

Best regards

Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have replied Mike see below. Won't be available to pick up any replies until Monday. Have a good weekend

Chris

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Chris -

Thank you for your reply/s -

As you said you wouldn't be back till this week / Monday, I thought Id leave it till now --

So, I am on this for you Chris - I have come up with a part number - Im just trying to verify a couple of things and Im just looking at the scematics - I will get back to you just asap -- just so you know I have not forgotten you ..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Mike for taking this on. very much appreciated.

Best regards

Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have been asked to rate the question Mike but I am still waiting for an answer. Can you tell me where we are with this?

Chris

Mike,

I have been in touch with customer service because the question timed out. You replied and said you would get back to me on the 27th May last it is now 4th June so I have contacted Customer service again and just received another email asking me to rate your reply which would mean the question would be closed. Do you have the answer or shall I ask Customer Service to find another expert?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Chris -

Thank you for your message -

I have to sincerely ***** ***** I could not get back to you Chris - To explain, Ive been struggling just of late with some illness and its really hampered me - When I said I was working on this for you -and that I would get back to you , that was true- but I just couldn't thereafter Im afraid...So Chris - I offer my sincere apologies to you..

Further to that yes, the question timed out - but you don't have to worry about that ( or the rating issue Chris - I am on top of that and wont let the question go / lose you..

If you could just bear with me for this week Chris - I did get so far until this happened - and your situation - ie - knowing you would be wondering whats happening has been truly on my mind -hence I have made the specific effort to get back to you to at least update you today.. I can imagine how frustrating it must be to simply not know whats happening - So I hope this helps..

So if I can just ask of you again Chris - if you can bear with me for this week - and I will definately - all things being well - but Im sure they will be -so I can say that I will have this wrapped up for you by Friday - but do just let me know and I will check later for your response.

Thank you sincerely ***** ***** patience -

Best Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can wait Mike! a few more days won't hurt for the answer. Hope the you are ok!

Chris

Left it a bit longer because you said you would get back too me on Friday to let me know your progress. Can you let me know where we are with this?

Chris

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello there Chris -

Thank you very much for that - and your understanding, as due to the same - its now Monday! I do apologise !

I have meantime made a lot of progress for you though - for some odd reason, it has been quite a complicated one this -

Anyway - so far, the bot***** *****ne is - pre the vehicle you have ( year ) - the fault codes you get for the various sensors - ie, G200 - G251 ( they are not the actual codes - but the sensors related to - eg - Yaw sensor and accelerator sensor -are pre I think it was now -year 01.. So yours has now got the G419 - as you said - "combi sensor" - and that comes up as the G419.

The part number for that comes up as - 1J -(###) ###-####A

So this combi sensor incorporates the Yaw - Accelerator sensor etc - and comes under the heading of ESP sensor..

While you would generally order this sensor through a dealer parts dept - using the number above.. I do now also have the Bosch part number for you ( Bosch make it ) - and that is : (###) ###-#### -- Known as - Esp sensor unit.

As a tip - do bear in mind that part numbers do change over time - but its not usually an issue - as when you go into the ordering at the parts dept - they input the old number - as above - as the original - and if its changed , it simply gives the new / current number.. so again, thats not an issue when ordering - it just may come as a different number - superceded thats all - but those are the numbers to go on as above Chris.

As a further tip - in fact suggestion - I would suggest having a Seat ( VW ) diagnostic on it - with a view to checking its settings etc - in case a reset so to speak is all thats needed... It may be worth doing that - as I said to you before, this sensor is diagnostically programmable - Plus - the sensor in question is so very expensive.

Now thats where Im at Chris - location - wise - I have to say, Im still working on that - -as it does seem somewhat elusive - But - when you come to order ( or even just enquire ) at a Seat parts dept - they - or the service dept, would be able to tell you Chris just where it is on the vehicle - per their computer systems. I actually show it as being in different locations so.. I would suggest to ask above..

Let me know Chris how you get on.. Im happy to help more if I can at all - just let me know.. and once again, my most sincere apologies for the delays you have had..

If you are happy to date Chris - please click on the OK ratings for me - - just a tip , while it says that will close the question - in reality it doesn't - as I mentioned afore, I have this question on manual hold so I won't lose you - nor you , me..

Again - Im happy to help as much as needed and that can happen after you have clicked on the Ok ratings if you should need..

All the very best Chris ,. MIKE.

I
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Mike,

I have already approached the Seat dealer and they want to order the part and fit it regardless at a cost of about £1000 and I am not prepared to go down that route in case it doesn't cure the fault.

This is why I approached you guys for help (twice)!

My local garage had run the diagnosis and attempted a reset but couldn't proceed, because the could not locate where the part was located. They tried asking Seat, who were less than helpful for obvious reasons.

I want to use a second hand part and want to know its location so I can identify it by part number before I buy.

The Bosh Part No is valid as a Duo sensor but comes up as

(8E0 907 637A) for an Audi which is similar to the number to the (J2 907 637G) I quoted for the combi sensor.

You came up with (1J(###) ###-####) . Are you sure that this number is ***** because if you change the 1J to J2 we again come up with a same number except the G which is probably the version number.

Very sorry but I really do need too find where this part is located before I can rate the service.

Do you want me to contact Customer Service and ask them to reassign the question?

Chris

Mike I have been a rate the service (please read the above) after customer services said they will prompt you. I am a trusting sole so I am not one of these people who leave negative feedback but if you were in my shoes and were expected to pay twice for the same question on the basis of your answer which in effect was to go to the Seat Dealer. What would you do?

The correct location of the device is my question! and if possible the part number. If I find the part I can read the details and find a replacement.

It is as simple as that! If its need setting up I can take the car to an Auto Electrician.

I think the best thing I can do is contact Customer Service and ask for my money back.

Sorry Mate!