Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

S typeR 4.2lt bad oil smoke on over run, reduces if the throttle

S typeR 4.2lt bad oil smoke on over run, reduces if the throttle is not released fully. Have replaced the valve stem seals to no good. compression is good albeit the engine has done 170k miles. Your thoughts please
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Are there any type of warning lights coming on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Engine warning light on possibly due to racing cats fitted with milteck exhaust giving wrong reading, however this light goes off on its own then comes back on. Have had this checked and the reading points to the oxygen sensers which have been replaced

Ok. This issue really is consistent with one of the oil rings on one of the pistons sticking at times likely from carbon debris and resulting in the issue that you are having. This is not that uncommon at this mileage.