Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hullo, I am interested in buying a 2008 Roomster 1 1.4tdi

Hullo,

I am interested in buying a 2008 Roomster 1 1.4tdi which has done 39000 miles through a garage in Wensleydale North Yorks. I have a copy of the V5 and rang the previous owners to see what they thought of it. They said great to drive but there had been a problem with the electric windows which sometimes opened on their own. Looked on Which? car reports and this seems to be a problem with the Roomster. I really love the car but am worried about this especially if it is an intermittent fault. The garage will give me 3 months warranty. The price I have agreed it £5100. What do you think and will this be an expensive problem to fix?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

This is a good reliable vehicle that would be a good buy and will last a long time mechanically. The issue with the power windows is the power window motor regulators have a issue with becoming loose and resulting in the windows opening at random and sometimes not closing. The regulators have been updated to a different part which corrects the issue. If you do buy the vehicle plan on replacing all regulators and the cost is not that expensive, that would depend on where the repairs were made.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Mike - that is a very clear answer.

Did you get this info from Skoda?

Also - I have always taken my cars to a good all -round local mechanic and would like to carry on doing so with the Skoda. Is this window problem something that he could deal with if he got the Skoda parts or do you think it would have to go to a Skoda garage?

Cheers Gaynor

No, I good mechanic can tackle this issue,no need to go to the dealer. Yes I got the info from skoda and personal experience. Thank you.