Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 2012 vauxhall corsa limited edition car, roughly 8

I have a 2012 vauxhall corsa limited edition car, roughly 8 months ago the car started to over heat, i had taken it back to the dealership who had a look and said that the water pump needed replacing also that the thermostat had jammed open which needed to be replaced, a week later the car over heated again so i took it back and they had said that the fan had not been working so they changed the fan the sensors and something else which i can not remember. The other day i had been driving back from work and stuck in traffic for 15 minutes and the over heating light had come on again. I do not have a clue what to do now as they have changed everything to do with the cooling system apart from the radiator. There is enough coolant in the car and that is not going down, But a car under 2 years old should not been overheating like this.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing and the parts that have already been replaced, this issue is consistent with a head or head gasket issue.
The next step before any more parts are replaced is to have a block test performed which is a simple test that test for exhaust gases in the cooling system and if found, either the head or head gasket is the problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If it is the head gasket, will that be covered under the warranty? As there is still 1.5 years left on it. Also with them being aware and fixing the other parts under warranty?

Yes the head gasket and the head would both be a covered item under the warranty.