Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

petrol charade lxi auto 1996 1296cc car wont start were is

Customer Question

petrol charade lxi auto 1996 1296cc car wont start were is petrol pump or cut off switch
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

If the vehicle is spinning over normally and not starting this is likely fuel not getting to the engine.
The fuel pump is located inside of the fuel pump, when the key is turned to the on position you should be able to hear the fuel pump for about 3-5 seconds, this is the fuel system being primed.
If you do not hear the pump it is not kicking on and has likely failed, which will happen with or without warning.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tou put fuil pump is located inside the fuil pump what does that mean

Sorry that was a typo, the fuel pump is located inside of the fuel tank.