Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

my right hand indicator is staying on permanently even

Customer Question

my right hand indicator is staying on permanently even when I take my key out of my ignition it wont let me indicate to turn right at all. it stays on and it has drained my battery. my car is an Hyundai coupe could you please help
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

The issue that you are having is the plastic pin inside of the signal stalk is broken and allowing constant power to the blinker.
To correct this issue the switch/stalk will need to be replaced.