Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

When braking I get a juddering from front of car,and can feel

Customer Question

When braking I get a juddering from front of car,and can feel it from the footbrake pedal
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hopefully i can help..

First common areas to check would be your discs - this means checking the surface area aswell as the inner surface area too on the caliper piston side..and check for any surface issues..Its also possible to you may have warped disc causing this to travel and be felt up the foot pedal..so bear that in mind.to verfiy that you need to check the run out on the disc using a micrometer to the disc and slowly rotate it to see what reading you get..another cause could be the ABS system kicking in..often this can be caused by damaged sensor or toothed trigger ring the sensors monitior on each wheel..sometimes on the odd occassion this wont be picked up by the ABS system ecu..so again certainly have those check for any small cracks or excess corrosion build up on those..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you very much,nice advice.J dawson

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.
Hi..there..thats no problem glad to help..if you need to ask anything else then just continue..However please dont forget to rate my assistance..always very much appreciated..regards Robert