Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Freelander 2 fuel gauge illuminated at exact same time as engine

Freelander 2 fuel gauge illuminated at exact same time as engine management illuminated.No noticeable change in performance.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing the lights that are coming on and the fact that there is no difference in the performance of the vehicle this indicates that one of the oxygen sensors has falling below threshold.
The oxygen sensors will turn the lights on because of the emission system. The o2 sensors will need to be ohm tested and likely replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Any ideas on cost of the replacement + work?

Think of a LOW £ow ! number PLEASE.

The cost for one, which is normally all that has failed is around 75 depending on the shop that the work is performed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Already rated for you to receive payment £21.

The follow up question was supposed to be without charge! !

Was advised when I was about to up the grade to good that if I did it would incur ADDITIONAL COST.

No indication as to the amount!

Not sure why the system is doing that, you will not be charged again no need to rate again or up the grade of rating, thank you.