Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Seat Leon 1.6 petroleum bcb engine code.. hesatasion/misfire

Seat Leon 1.6 petroleum bcb engine code.. hesatasion/misfire between 1000 and 2000 rpm under load. No fault codes in ecu.

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Have the fuel injectors ever been balance tested?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No is this some thing I can do using snap on verdict

It depends on if that specific program has been added to the scan tool, it does not come stock.
If the snap on does not have the program, the injectors will need to be balance tested using a dealer lap top.
The issue that you are having is consistent with a fuel injector that is not opening and closing correctly causing your issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What about vag com can that do this?

Yes vag com should be able to achieve this as well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had it reset to basic settings on Vag com will this not reset the injectors as well???

No this will not reset the injectors, the balance test shows live data from each injector while the vehicle is running and shows if one is falling below the threshold.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK so if one is below it means it is faulty and need replacing or cleaning all so would need to take the data wile on a test drive under load I'm thinking

Yes that is correct it would likely need to be replaced and tested under a load.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Cool I will get a shot on vag com on Tuesday I will let you know thank you very much for the info

No problem, thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for got to mention number 3 spark plug smells like fuel were as the others don't???

This is a good sign that the #3 injector is the faulty injector.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK I will try that. I'm confused about the payment side of this how does it work?

You have already rated the question positive, no need to rate the question again even if the system is asking you to. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK but I can still contact you after??

Yes you can continue to reply back to this question at anytime and I will help you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you I will let you know tuesday

No problem thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi mate got my mate to link up vag com but he did not know which group to go in in meshering blocks. All so I have backed probed no 3 injector and have done a signature test come back fine. Is there any other tests I can do backprobeing??

No the balance test would need to be next. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi got test done and come back fine what do you think is next?

The next step is going to need to be a cylinder leak down test , to see if the valves are not closing properly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How do you proform the test. I have got a pressure test kit. Do I take pressure from a cylinder and time how long it takes the pressure to diapers?

Yes that is correct you do that for each cylinder and they should not leak down unless there is a problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK I am asumeing that you have to take the one way valve out of the test kit because the pressure will not drop back with it in. So I have done it and all the pressure's drop down pretty qwick on all 4

What type of pressure tester are you using?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just normal pressure tester

Ok you can use the normal compression tester and after getting the compression to the normal level let it sit, it should not leak down do this for each cylinder. If they are all leaking down there is likely a issue with the tester.