Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hello, I have an A2 and a brake problem. When bleeding the

Hello, I have an A2 and a brake problem. When bleeding the diagonally opposite corners it is very difficult to depress the pedal on one diagonal. So much so it does not seem to go right down to the floor, the other corner works fine, smooth to the floor. The diadonal that does not seem to bleed properly also has poor wear and performance. Any suggestions please? Many thanks Mike
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing and the fact that the rear calipers and brake lines have been eliminated the issue is with the master cylinder of the vehicle. It is not uncommon for the master cylinder diagram to become worn and cause the issue that you are having. The master cylinder will likely need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike, thanks for prompt response, will order one tommorrow. Will let you
know the outcome. Mike

No problem, thank you. Also you can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive if you need further help.