Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Proton Gen2 SRS warninl showing. Is this a danger sign, or

Customer Question

Proton Gen2 SRS warninl showing. Is this a danger sign, or maybe loose wire.Bert Hemsley.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

The SRS is your supplemental restraint system in other words your Airbag/seat belt restaint system - ideally in all situations regarding fualt in that system a proper diagnostic needs to be carried out..this not only helps diagnose which part of the system is at fualt but also gives a starting point where to make check..usually the most common is the under seat connections..especially if the seat is continually altered in position can work the connection loose..so maybe have look under there..airbag wiring is usualy yellow/orange.ensure the battery is disconnected and left for upto a 15minutes before making sure all lugs are fully home and then re-conect battery .let the airbag system go through its self test as per each time you turn the ignition and see if it goes out..if it does then you'll know is was just one of those connectors under there..if not..then i would advise a diagnostic test be the next step..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Robert, Thank you so much for your promt reply.Bert Hemsley Ishall go get it sorted.

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.
Hi Bert..No problem at all glad to help..But if you need to ask anything further then just continue..please dont forget to rate my assistance however most appreciated..Robert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear robert,

Thank you very much for your advice I acted upon what you suggested and the problem is now resolved.

I cannot thank you enough.

Bert.

*****@******.***

ps sorry i really thought I had replied. B H

Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi Bert.. Very pleased to hear you got it sorted out..dont forget however you can ask anytime,myself should you need any further help/advice in the future..

Also please dont forget to rate my answer above..most appreciated ..regards Robert