Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

indicator light not working, fast clicking

Customer Question

Rear passenger side indicator light not working, fast clicking sound in cab, i checked bulb and is ok, help!

I wanted to fit valeo reverse sensors and i used the continuity function on a multimeter on the wire connector to trace the wires to the bulbs, could this have damaged the connector?

Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 3 years ago.

Mark :

Hello, my name is Mark and I will try help you with this.

Mark :

Depending on how you probed the terminals you could have either bent it or partly pushed it out.

Mark :

You need to disconnect it again and check all the pins look similar for shape and depth inside the block connector.

Mark :

If they all look ok, then you need to check the voltage to the terminal with the indicators switched on.

Mark :

You should see it fluctuate 12v as it pulses on / off.

JACUSTOMER-g6wdgt8y- :

So i checked and there is voltage present with indicator on. I held the block connector and got the indicator working if i held it a certain way but unfortunately i lost the connection again when i tried to refit the light assembly. I try to attach a picture of the block connector, i can see rounding in the middle of the sockets where the multimeter probe went in, the other lights are working fine.

JACUSTOMER-g6wdgt8y- :

Full Size Image

JACUSTOMER-g6wdgt8y- :

The indicator is the bottom socket in the picture, How can i fix the faulty connection in the block connector?

Mark :

I would try inserting a needle into it and try bending the terminals closer together.

Mark :

Please remember to rate my assistance.

Mark :

Mark :

Mark.