Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Hello, Please try this one as it is causing confusion and arguements. I

Hello, Please try this one as it is causing confusion and arguements.
I recently bought a boat that has a Volva Penta B21 petrol engine. but the cylinder head is missing. Now l believe l once changed a head gasket on an estate volvo some 15 [app] years ago that to my memory was exactly the same set up. Beleive it was a 2.1 litre ohc belt drive inclined engine. Can you help and would l be able to just transfer one to my boat engine.

Roger
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No mention is made of what further information is required !

However l have since seen an AQ10 type engine which looks the

same excepting it has single carb rather than twins , which is not a problem as l have the twin manifold and carbs. Therefor is the cyl head the same as mine !! Sorry .

I am unhappy that you have deducted the £12 when l have not had the courtesy of a reply until now. Please explain this.

Roger

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Already replied !!

Hello Roger,

Thank you for getting back to me and providing more information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

A deposit is taken when the question is asked. However should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges, I can do that for you.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Roger .

The B21 and B23 cylinder heads can be used on the redblock both the car ans marine engines are the same only the car set up if different but you can transfer these parts .
Even the 16valve head can be used on this block as both 8 and 16 valves where used on the redblock.

Here is a good parts shop on line if needed .

http://www.marinepartseurope.com/en/e-volvo-penta-351-AQ140A.aspx.

If you still need further assistance then please don't rate, just get back to me with the reply button, and I will get back to you or inform another expert to assist.
Also there is no extra charge after accepting .
Kindest regards Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech