Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have an audio a4 tdi 1.9 2002 - driving home today a yellow

I have an audio a4 tdi 1.9 2002 - driving home today a yellow warning triangle with an anticlockwise arrow around it came up on the dash board. when i restarted the car to check it did not come back on.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

The warning that you describe is in regards ***** ***** Electronic Stability Program or ESP..you may see that same symbol within the owners book..it should come on at start up and then go out once the cars running..the system itself is linked in with the ABS - Anti lock braking system..so any problem on that for example failing wheel sensors can have effect on that system too..the problem with the systems such as these is that to find out exactly what going on..you have to have the car diagnostically tested or plugged in and riven to monitor the system as such and see what fault codes you get..however if the warning hasnt appeared as to date - it may just be a small glitch thats happened there and should be of any concern...but if it does come back on then the best advice with such faults as this is to find a good well equiped garage and see what codes are stored before you replace anything..

I do hope this helps