Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Hi there I have a vivaro van the rear diver side wheel is hot

Customer Question

Hi there I have a vivaro van the rear diver side wheel is hot compared to the other side i checked the disk it's worn on the inside outside is fine do u think something sticking.need your help ps I'm going to change discs and pads I'm worried it will happen again.cheers
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

If you have excess heat on that one side then its means something is binding on "the brake on that side dragging or sticking in the ON position and not fully freeing off - If the disc on that side is showing signs of wear on the inner surface compared to the other side..then you either have a issue with caliper itself internally -the piston not able to fully return / the caliper sliders are sticking / or the handbrake lever that part of the same caliper as the caliper functions as a brake/handbrake..so you'll need to be sure the lever when the handbrake is off is in the off position and not sticking..you need somebody in the van to operate the handbrake whilst you watch..It also possible to that the flexi line is collapsed..but once you have removed the caliper and during the process of returning the piston to get the new disc/pads on..if it cant be returned easily..or even if with bleeder open..then the caliper is likely faulty and would require replacement..I do hope this helps..If you need to ask anything else or include anything further then just continue before you rate