Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I am looking at a Jaguar X Type, 2.1 litre V6. 02 Plate. 98000

Customer Question

I am looking at a Jaguar X Type, 2.1 litre V6. 02 Plate. 98000 on the clock. Immaculate interior and body work.
Can you tell me anything about the longevity of this model of car, mpg, insurance for an over-60? Basically, is this worth thinking about buying for £2000.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

These vehicles are very nice to own and drive when they are operating correctly, the problem is these vehicles are very expensive to repair and parts are high. The transmissions are expensive to replace and they are prone to fail over time. The fuel injectors are also known to fail and they are also expensive.
I would most likely probably stay away from the vehicle unless you are planning on investing money in the vehicle over time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks for your advice.

Regards,

Maxine

No problem, thank you. Don't forget to rate the answer for me. Thanks again.