Peterkmiles
Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology
37560582

Just bought a new Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi Prem 5 door. 2 qs (1)

Just bought a new Santa Fe 2.2 CRDi Prem 5 door. 2 q's
(1) Does the manual headlamp aiming adjustment for European driving as mentioned on page 7-69 of the owners manual mean you adjust the screwthread as far as it will go or is it trial and error? Or is it easier to use stick on deflectors?
(2) Can the halogen lamps be replaced by HID/Xenon bulbs. My last car (Volvo XC90) had Xenon and there's a marked difference in the lamp performance.

Thanks,
Alan Butler
Category: Car
Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 3 years ago.
Hi Alan,

My name is ***** ***** I hope to answer the questions.

In regards ***** ***** retro fitting on xenon lights, no the eom ones cannot be retrofitted but you can buy aftermarket ones from places like ebay for under £100 but be careful how this affects your warranty status.

Regarding the headlight aim, if you use the threaded section you need the vehicle parked on a level ground facing a. Vertical wall, you need to adjust the screw until the light pattern is flat, you will see it currently is flat this kicks up to the left, this needs to be flat. It can be very tricky to do and even more tricky to put back to uk spec when you return. I would advise getting a garage to set hem with a beam setter or purchase the he'll stick on times from your local motor factors.

I hope this helps, if you have a further question regrading this please ask but don't forget to accept my answer.

Best regards
Peer