Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have just replaced the battery on my 2003 Suzuki GSX1400,

I have just replaced the battery on my 2003 Suzuki GSX1400, and now the bike wont start. It is fitted with a Datatool System 3 alarm, it turns over but wont fire up and the 'F1' warning light flashes, is this a bike problem or the alarm problem, thanks Steve.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Yes this is a alarm issue that is keeping the bike from starting.
Try this disconnect the negative and positive battery ends and leave disconnected for 10 minutes then reconnect the positive first and then the negative. Insert the key in the ignition and turn to the on position and leave this way for 5 minutes then try to start the bike.