Peterkmiles
Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology
37560582

I have just purchased a 2012 Hyundai I40 1.7 CRDI and I have

I have just purchased a 2012 Hyundai I40 1.7 CRDI and I have a minor problem with the navigation system when trying to use the Bluetooth capability.

When I pair my iPhone 4 it works fine and displays all my numbers and contact details in the address book. Everything is fine so far. I can make and receive calls and when I make a call the name of the person I am calling appears on the navigation screen. However, when I receive a call I get caller unknown even though the contact details for that caller are in my phone. It does display the number and if I look at the screen on my phone I see the contact details - it's just not displaying it on the navigation screen. I obviously can't take my phone out each time I receive a call when I am driving! Also, when I look back at my call lists on the navigation system, it correctly shows the contact details.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
John.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello John,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shantal,

No, I still haven't got an answer to my problem so I would appreciate it if you could continue to seek assistance from your experts.

Thanks,

John.

Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 3 years ago.

My name is ***** ***** I hope to be able to help resolve your problem.

Which software version do you have installed on your iphone?

Have you presented the car to the dealer to see if any software updates are available for your car?

Is the phone connected by cable or bluetooth?

Best regards
Peter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply.

My iPhone is completely up-to-date software wise on IOS 7.1.1.

I haven't brought the car back to the dealer and I am connecting by Bluetooth.

Thanks,
John.
Hi john,

This screams a software issue to me, as your phone is completely up to date it would suggest there is a compatibility issue between the phone and car.

I would suggest presenting the car to your dealer, it's under warranty so any software reflashes should be free of charge. I am pretty confident that a software red lash should fix your problem.

Let me know how you grt on, if you need to come back to me on this question you can even after you have accepted my answer so please don't forget to accept it or I don't get paid for my advise and support.

Best Regards
Peter
Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: 13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology