Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a flashing management light on dashboard. what does

Customer Question

I have a flashing management light on dashboard. what does it mean as when put on machine nothing comes up.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Normally with the flashing light and the diagnostic not showing anything, this normally is because one of the oxygen sensors are not performing correctly.
The oxygen sensors will need to be ohm tested as a first step.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi I checked out the oxygen sensors (ohms tested.) this showed sensors were working. Now have added problem that engine seems to be missing when i am driving. This happens on and off and there is no difference if it is 30mph or 70mph. management light still flashing.

With the light still being on and the vehicle missing this is consistent with a mis-fire when is the last time the vehicle has been tuned up?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had the car serviced in March when it passed its MOT.

Ok the next step will be to have the ignition coils tested.