Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Hi I have a 2.2td ducato 3.5t horse box which not long after

Customer Question

Hi I have a 2.2td ducato 3.5t horse box which not long after I bought it needed the engine replaced the bloke who I got it off replaced it an engine of similar mileage 55000
In February it had a fuel injector replaced(2nd hand) and later in February a new lambda
Sensor fitted because of kicking out black smoke drives fine but still loads of smoke when accelerating especially in 2nd and 3rd just passed mot but only just on emissions so garage did further investigations and cleaned the erf valve but still no better they recommended taking it to get remapped? Any suggestions please
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  stelol1 replied 3 years ago.
Sorry to hear of your troubles, I will try and help if I can.
I wouldn't get it remapped just yet.
Has the smoking always been present even before the new engine? Has it only been since the engine has gone in or has it started after the new engine? We need to determine if the fault lies with something that would have been put back on from your old engine or if the new engine was faulty from the start.
What colour is the smoke? Is it thick black, white, blue? Are you using any excessive oil or coolant at all?
Was there any fault codes present from your diagnostic test? Did you get a read out of the emissions test from the MOT? If so can you reply with the readings?
You could also try pulling of the inlet pipe to the engine and see if there is excessive oil in there.
Sorry if it is a bit vague at the moment but we need to build up a picture first.
Steve