Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Cant open driver door on Dodge Journey 2010 r/t .Possibly deadlock

Cant open driver door on Dodge Journey 2010 r/t .Possibly deadlock bolt? How to repair this please?Thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I wish to wait

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Because I already paid £20 for a question I would like to have my question answered.Its really annoying me to get to my car for 5 weeks

trough passanger seat that why I hoped you will give me an answer ASAP.Thanks

Thank you for your patience and for providing more information, we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello, anybody there?6 days and no answer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello?!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello,can anybody answer my question?Please!How long I gonna wait for answer?Kind regards

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** I have been asked to help you with your issue...

Im sorry to see you have had a wait...

So to progress - can I just ask what if anything you have done so far - perhaps in the interim between when you asked your question and now..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I already said, I have been walking through the passengers door so that I can get into the driver's seat. This is getting very annoying. I tried disconnecting the battery and leaving it like that for over 20 minutes, as it said on the internet. This however didn't help and now I continue to struggle to get into the driver's seat. This is all that I tried so far as I don't reakly know what else to do. I hope you could somehow help me with this struggle, and somehow try and find a way to get the door open without any damage being caused to the car. What caused this to happen, I don't know. All I did was closed the door and when I went back to open it, it was stuck. I would appreciate it a lot if you could find a solution as soon as possible.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply -

I asked - because as I said, there was quite a delay between when you asked your question and when I became involved - so I didn't want to spend time telling you things you may have already done as I said, in the interim -

Now - before we progress - prior to the door locking shut altogether - leading up to this - did you ever experience a ratcheting / clicking noise with the locking mechanisms at all ---??

Rgds, MIKE................................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, again

There are no noises when locking the car, it makes the same noise as all the other locks do. It was normal as any other day. Could you look for a solution please...

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply.. I do already know what the issue is and what needs to be done - but I had to check the full details with you first as that could have altered things.

As it is - Dodge as a company know about this problem you have with your model and have actually issued TSB's on the issue to dealers ( Technical service bulletins ) and recalls on some... Evidently you have not had any such letter/ recall from them - but you can have this issue seen to / fixed for you for free at the Dodge dealers in your locale..because as I say as above.

I could - and am happy to explain how you would go about it - you need to remove the door panel etc to gain access to the insides of the door - and while difficult, it isn't impossible on this model with the door shut--- But why should you even do it when its a job as above - you would get the work done inc parts for free as above.

So that is what I strongly recommend you do now- make contact with the dealers locally - explain to them whats happened and arrange to them to look at it / sort it for you under their scheme....

Im very pleased to have helped you - If there is anything else at all that you need- by all means get back to me - Im always happy to help more if needed...-

>>Meantime >> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi again,

This Dodge Journey is a UK right-hand drive car. There aren't any more dodge dealers in this country available. Is this scheme/recall a worldwide thing or just in the US?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Mike,you got your rating and that is it?No more answers?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply / message..and the rating.

I realize it can be frustrating when you are waiting on a reply - but I happened to be on a break... Just now and again, we are allowed to do that... If you look you can see whether or not Im online to help you see when you might expect a reply.

In the UK Dodge are serviced / looked after under Chrysler - If you click on this link that I have uploaded for you HERE - that will help you . Speak then with your chosen dealer - they will be able to help you with this - as they are all under the same umbrella - so to speak.

I hope that meets with your expectations -and thank you for your patience.

Kind Rgds , MIKE.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thanks for the reply,

I have already been to one of these dealers a week after it had happened. Then they told me they already had a similar problem before, that they will call me soon. So then they called me and said to me price around £700. This shocked me, because they said they will have to drill the door and replace the entire lock system.

As you mentioned earlier, you said that you know how to fix this problem. And possibly give me a step by step guide on how to get access to the door panel please.

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again -

It would have been handy to know this at the outset.

Yes there is drilling involved - but if I were you I would chase this up with their management - you should not have to paying for this repair for the very reasons I have outlined to you above..

I can give the instructions if you want - but why would you want to be paying for the parts etc ---

I would certainly not take what they said and would insist that this is a known issue with these and have them look properly into the recall to see if it is Uk as well and too the Tsb issue for you.. The very fact that the vehicle is only a 10 reg as well- it should not have developed this fault-- ( Some dealers are good at fobbing people off to be honest - but its at your expense )

Rgds, MIKE.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

So if I were to give it to a dealer, how am I suppose to convince them about not paying for it. It is also a 60 reg.

Thanks for everything so far...

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again -

My apologies that I missed your reply on Sat eve - Im afraid I had had to go off by then as you probably guessed, I was off Sunday..So Im sorry about that -

With regard to your latter question , I would make an appointment or ask to speak specifically with the dealer in question Service Manager - then if you get no where with him, the dealership Owner.... and discuss the situation with them.

Tell them that you know its a known fault on these and that dealers have TSB's on the fault ( as above ) and that you know some were re called for this fault albeit in the US - but - its the same vehicle - and it evidently is suffering the exact same problem, so can they tend to it for you . If you are "nice" with them, you will likely get further than if you are otherwise - so its worth having the conversation at least. Some dealers are better, more helpful than others -

I hope that helps you further, let me know how you get on..

All the best - MIKE.