sean
sean, Technician
Experience:  UK based Ford Master Technician. Technician since 1984.
31670004

my transit on 07 plate is showing warning lights on panel,

my transit on 07 plate is showing warning lights on panel, the ABS and the ESP warning lights are staying on and no brake lights are working, any ideas please.
Category: Car
Expert:  sean replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following assists you.
The ABS and ESP systems both use the same switch as the stop lamps to detect when the brake has been pressed. Start with checking the fuse for the stop lights, fuse 65 in the fuse box inside the van is for this. If this is OK check at pin 1 of the switch with the ignition on for 12 volts, if this is OK check pin 2 with the brake pressed if there isn't 12 volts then the switch is faulty.
Start with checking these points, let me know if you have more questions regarding this and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.