Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK

Have a 2006 C5 turbo diesel estate 1.9cc showing de-pollution

Customer Question

Have a 2006 C5 turbo diesel estate 1.9cc showing de-pollution faulty message ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hopefully i can help

Basically the mentioned warning is a generic fault message in regards engine emissions fault in which the engine managment has picked up on..relevent faults should be stored for you to enable to progress further on checks as they is really the case of diagnostically scanning the car - any garage would do that any given situation faced with the this problem..before checks are done or stripping bits out or replacing them even at cost unless something is seen visually out of place under the bonnet/ie:-loose hoses,fuel leaks as such ..there maybe many things it could be as that warning can cover a heck of alot of probable causes usually the most common can be from an actual problem with the dpf filter,sooted or stuck egr valve ,differential pressure sensors / eloys fluid system / to even a fault with the fuel filter...only a proper test would reveal if it the case with any of those could try a new fuel filter all the same and see if that helps with the issue..but i would strongly suggest you go down the scanner,fault code retrival route first and see what exactly your going to be dealing with..If the car doesnt seem to be lacking performance then sometimes a good blast down the motorway 10 miles in 4th gear at 70mph on a clear motorway can often solve problems like that..but as above there is no other way forward bar the diagnostic route on this one im afriad...I do hope this helps