Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

air con blows hot from one side and cold from other any idea

air con blows hot from one side and cold from other any idea on cost to repair/replace?
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have not had any solutions to my question or any but your reply. Please if you can help me!
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

This issue is from the a/c heat actuator has failed on the side that is blowing hot and it is stuck. The actuator sits inside of the dash and switches the air from hot to cold. There is one for the drivers side and the passenger side. The dash has to be removed in order to correct this issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike

Thank you for your reply. Is this something an amateur could handle or would it be best to have it done by a dealership and would you know a cost to aim for?

Warm regards

Chris

This is a difficult job and should be handled at the dealer, the job will require about 4 hours of labor time at the dealers hourly labor rate. Thank you.
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.