Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Hi, I have a 2001 Xsara picasso 2l diesel. The engine management

Hi, I have a 2001 Xsara picasso 2l diesel. The engine management light comes on occassionaly on long drives, I have noticed reduced power when it comes on but the engine seems to be running fine and the light usually goes off again after leaving the car to overnight. Any idea what could be causing it ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi sorry to get to you so late ,most likely due to our time zone difference ;-)..

Now after you doing a good drive distance and then the check engine light comes on and power is reduced, this is a sign of a problem with one of the emission sensors, this could be any one of the many you have controlling the engine system. .

What you will have to do is get your car hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool that the dealer has ,he will hook up and check for diagnostic codes ,from the codes he will then know where your problem is and what has to be done to repair this issue .

I have seen air flow meters cause this problem but have the codes checked to be sure before replacing any part .

If you still need further assistance then please don't rate, just get back to me with the reply button, and I will get back to you or inform another expert to assist.
Also there is no extra charge after accepting .
Kindest regards Greg