Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

How can I reset the remote key fob on my citroen c5 2005 hatchback.

How can I reset the remote key fob on my citroen c5 2005 hatchback. the method stated in the handbook - re putting key in ignition turning on and pressing lock button for approx. 10 secs until locks operate does not work. I have 2 remotes with good batteries. both stopped working at same time.

Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have already got the information I required from a local auto-electrician.

Please close my question

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Instructions.

1
Turn the ignition switch to the "accessory" position while the key is inserted, but without the remote plip attached.

2
Walk around to the front end of the car and press the plip key towards the receiver which is located at the front of the vehicle.

3
Press the large plip button on the remote, and then the small plip button immediately afterwards.

4
Repeat for a second plip key if your car is equipped with more than one plip for multiple user entry.

5
Turn the ignition off once you have completed the process for the amount of key plips you need.

6
Wait for five seconds, and you will now find that your plip is activated and will lock and unlock your car remotely.

This is for the later models that changed on your year .

So if the first system does not work try this .

1, Switch ignition 'ON'

2,Press & hold Lock button for 10 seconds

3,switch ignition 'OFF'

4,wait 3 seconds

5, Synchronization procedure complete

6,Repeat above procedure for the remaining remote Keys.

7,successful if doors can be locked/unlocked with remote.

If you still need further assistance then please don't rate, just get back to me with the reply button, and I will get back to you or inform another expert to assist.
Also there is no extra charge after accepting .

Kindest regards Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience: Automotive diagnostic tech
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Neither of your answers apply. The fault was the receiver in car going out of sync, and required battery to be disconnected for approx 10 secs and then reconnection. Both remotes then worked.