Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

i have a 2004 fiat stillo that has a dashboard that goes off

Customer Question

i have a 2004 fiat stillo that has a dashboard that goes off when it rains, it has now spread so i have no rear lights at all and now there is a cracking behind the heating vents in the centre console: help someone i am really worried that this car is going to catch fire
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i would like to see if anyone can get an answer for me

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing the issue that you are having is potentially a serious issue, and the issue is consistent with a loose ground wire in the main body harness behind the dashboard and this can potentially cause a fire.
The dash is going to need to be removed to check the body harness.