Rob
Rob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 years trade experience
16305601

Ref Renault Clio dynamique 1.5dCi 80 4door. Coolant warning

Ref Renault Clio dynamique 1.5dCi 80 4door. Coolant warning comes on when ignition is switched on and stays on when engine is running. The coolant level is ok,the engine does not overheat and temperature gauge shows normal. The coolant electric fan runs when climate control is switched on.should I ignore the coolant or is there a fault somewhere ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to just answer.
I would not ignore the coolant warning as you may develop an over heating problem and not be aware of it.
This will probably be an issue with a sensor.
The fan running with the a/c on is normal but does the fan come on as normal when the engine reaches the temperature just above halfway? without the a/c on.
is the a sensor fitted the coolant bottle?
is the temp gauge working normally?
regards rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Temperature gauge is working as normal.
Fan does not run unless air con is on
No sensor on coolant filler bottle
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Derek.
Thanks for the info.
There are two controls for the fan first one is for the a/c the second one is for the engine cooling .
On the fan housing on the lower right corner the is a reo stat fitted this is a probable cause but before this is replaced I would replace the engine coolant temperature sensor this is a cheap option at about £20 and is the likely offender .
If you need any more assistance on this just reply but I will not be able to respond until just after nine to night .
regards rob