Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Hello I have a 2000 Vectra and the rear exhaust keeps coming

Hello I have a 2000 Vectra and the rear exhaust keeps coming off. It is only held on by rubber rings. Every time i drive i have to stop the car to put it back on. Is there a better way for the exhaust to be attached rather than just the rubber rings on the metal hooks?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Sounds like your missing these metal retaining clips that stop the rubber hanger moving and falling off..often these get rusted and either fall off or get damaged during removal and never replaced alot of vauxhalls have these so you should be able to pick them up at any vauxhall dealer parts section easily..once you put the rubber support hangers on then one of the clips fits to the end of the exhaust hook as you put it - aswell as the support bracket end bolted the body..the clips just slide/clip onto the end..you can find them too on ebay aswell like in the link below - so you know what they look like and see if yours is missing..If i recall you should have 6 of these clips in total for the back box - top and bottom for each hanger/support..

I do hope this helps..if you need to ask anything else then just continue before you rate...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-EXHAUST-RUBBER-HOLDER-CLIPS-RETAINING-MOUNTING-CLIPS-HOLDING-CLIPS-/261215296954?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AVauxhall%7CModel%3AVectra&hash=item3cd1a51dba