Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Transmission problem with DSG gearbox in Skoda Octavia 2006 Under

Customer Question

Transmission problem with DSG gearbox in Skoda Octavia 2006
Under certain conditions transmission drops down to 1st, PRNDS flashes on dash.
Most common condition is foot of accelerator when following traffic at low speed or going into a turn with no power on. Sometimes when extra throttle is required.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Are there any warning lights coming on at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Engine warning light remains on, but this was already on when the transmisson problem started. I was informed initially that the light was due to a problem on the throttle body, which has been replaced, as has the flywheel and clutch plate, but could that light be relevent to a problem with the transmission?

Yes the light is likely related to the gear box, can you have the vehicle scanned and get back to me with any codes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not at the moment as this would mean booking in at a local workshop and after the work just done, some what short of funds. Can you keep this file open until I can organise?

Mike

Yes, the conversation stays open and you can respond back to it at anytime even after rating the answer positive. The issue that you are describing is consistent with a sticking shift solenoid in the valve body of the gearbox, this will cause the issue that you are having as well as the light coming on.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Some additional info: Have been able to woork out via the rev counter and speedometer that the vehicle gets stuck in second gear not first as originally thought. Still have to organise scan to be able to confirm that amber engine light is on as a result of transmission issue.

Ok let me know, thank you.