Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Fiat panda multijet diesel 1.3 2006. 55k miles engine light

Customer Question

Fiat panda multijet diesel 1.3 2006. 55k miles
engine light comes on under hard acceleration and power drops. Engine continues to run smoothly however, albeit with less power. Once car has been off for an hour or two - all returns to normal until one accelerates hard. Redex used every 4 tankfulls - car used for town journeys with a motorway run every 3 weeks or so. Local garage plugged in the electronics when the warning light was still on - it came up with fault diagnosed - but not recognised. Because the car normally runs well, no juddering, no struggling for power etc, I am convinced that it is something relatively simple. This ONLY happens under hard acceleration and reverts to normal when cold.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing the issue that you are having is with one of the fuel injectors. The fuel injector that is failing is not spraying correctly and at the right time.
The fuel injectors need to be tested and the best way to do this is to have a balance test performed on the vehicle, this will show the faulty injector.