Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Rear wiper operates even when off and stops after about 20

Customer Question

Rear wiper operates even when off and stops after about 20 seconds in the middle of screen
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing this is the switch that operates the rear wiper that causes this issue. The switch develops a short and causes this problem, I am also a warranty inspector and I have inspected this issue before on these vehicles.