Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

T4 1900 diesal, starts and runs perfectly OK in neutral, revs

Customer Question

T4 1900 diesal, starts and runs perfectly OK in neutral, revs out to max etc. But as soon as you put it into gear and try to pull away the throttle doesnt respond and if you press it far enough the pedal clic"s ang goes to max revs and stays there for about 4/5 sec regardless that you have taken your foot OFF. this has got me scratching my head, and all my staff.
can you help, thanks. David.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello David,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

This issue is from the intake manifold, there is a internal flap inside the intake manifold that causes this issue,i am also a warranty inspector and I have inspected this issue many times and to correct this issue the manifold has to be replaced.