Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

antipollution fault keeps coming on

Customer Question

antipollution fault keeps coming on
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you on this...

You dont mention the mileage or the service history etc of the vehicle - but this is not an unknown issue at all on these models..

The light will come on at average intervals - telling you the system needs servicing - generally this should be around every 80k miles... but if its coming on more regularly or at odd intervals, the system needs a diagnostic check - this is usually done at a Peugeot dealer - though any garage that has the correct equipment can do this for you.

Depending on the exact version you have - it likely just needs the DPF system cleaning -and the ELYOS fluid filling - this is a special fluid that is injected into the cars system to clean as you drive - over time it empties and needs re filling. That is one reason the lamp will come on -

So either way you need to get it checked as above to get this sorted for you.

If there is anything more by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again -

This is MIKE - Im just checking in with you to see if you need anything further at all in addition to my answer I gave you above ..

If you do , feel free to come back to me by way of a reply and just ask - Im always happy to help you more if needed.. or- if we are done, please do click on the OK ratings for me at this point now - Thank you kindly.

Best Rgds., MIKE.