Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Isuzu Trooper 3ltr automatic, l3 yrs old, 47,000 only. Engine

Isuzu Trooper 3ltr automatic, l3 yrs old, 47,000 only. Engine fades andcuts out when
foot is taken off accelerator, sometimes whentravelling. Once it has cut out it is
difficult to re-start. There is no power even when foot is flat to the floor. The problem
is intermittent - sometimes it runs perfectly OK
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing the issue that you are having is that the vehicle is sucking in air and affecting the performance of the engine. The air that is sucking is likely coming from the intake manifold this would need to be checked as a next step as this is a common problem on these vehicles.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Mike,

Sorry I have taken so long to reply but have hadproblem with computer -

only fixed today. Vehicle is now OK. It did turn out to be the loom leaking

plus there was a faulty pressure guage in the engine but thankyou

anyway.

Lynda

No problem, thank you.