Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

The drivers side rear door of my vw bora 2005 wont open. My

Customer Question

The drivers side rear door of my vw bora 2005 won't open. My friend with the fault detection software has diagnosed inappropriate signal return From its lock and the passenger front and rear door ( which I seam to have intermittent problems with)

Is it the central comfort module. Or the 3 locks, that is defective?
1, passenger front has intermittent lock issues will and won't work on key?
2, rear passenger, only unlocks when using the internal door handle and top lock button.
3, rear drivers door won't unlock at all tried key , internal switch , and internal lock button and door release handle.
I can't find a way to release this door at all.. Can't get acces to the lock from inside as is shut .ie can't remove the door card, electric window panel etc when door.
Is there a electrical fix (have checker wires in door connection and seem ok)
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

The issue that you are having and the functions of the three doors is consistent with the 3 lock actuators that are failing, if the central module was failing it would affect all of the doors.
The actuators will need to be replaced, as far as the rear drivers door, getting the panel off with the door closed is not easy, and is going to need to be done by a shop that has had to do this before or panel damage will occur.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Fund mean I have to do this myself.
With the help of my freind with the vw diagnostic software. So is the any trick way at all using this software or not to get the stuck rear door open?
No the software won't help with this issue, and there is not a trick to getting the panel off, it is just done very carefully but it has to come off.