Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Please can you tell me where the power steering motor relay

Please can you tell me where the power steering motor relay is for a Morgan plus 8 2013. The electric steering motor does not turn off even when the key is removed from the ignition.

Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would still like to find the answer.

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you .. Im sorry to see you have had a wait.

The PAS system is all encompassed on this model - ie, it doesn't have a separate realy, its all combined on the motor fed ultimately by the cars Ecu.

Often this is actually a fault with the PAS motor / system itself - but you are best advised to have a plug in diagnostic test done first - just in case it is an Ecu / computer fault..

Also - its advisable to thoroughly check the wiring loom - for any damage caused by chaffing etc that can cause a short and cause that symptom also... Too - the wiring connectors to the motor should be checked - water ingress , causing a short, is another issue.

Im very pleased to have helped / advised you - I hope all goes ok for you ..

>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert