Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Merc slk srs light on. Main dealer test m/c said driver side

Merc slk srs light on. Main dealer test m/c said driver side air bag fault!.needs replacement?
Is this only option?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you.

The dealer will have run a plug in test to see why the light is on.

Each and every "fault" on the system produces a fault code...so what will have happened, is that he will have come up with a fault code that specifically pertains to the passenger side air bag... which is why he has said what he has.

But - before just replacing the said air bag - the wiring to it - and the connections to it , should all be checked physically - because a bad wire or bad connection can / will produce high resistance on the circuit and produce the same fault code. So you need to ask the dealer now if they have done that - or what they have done. If they have , and ruled any circuit issues out, then it will need renewing as they have said. If not - then the circuit should be checked first - as above - then go from there with what is found to verify the fault.

If there is anything more you need on this or would like to discuss - by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.