Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have a jaguar xf 2700 diesel 2009 . The smart key battery

I have a jaguar xf 2700 diesel 2009 . The smart key battery went flat this weekend i put a new battery in the fob but it is not working at all .The car is working fine with my spare key. Do you think i may have lost the programing in my old key when the battery went down ? and could it be reprogramed if this is the case Many thanks Roy Wells
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.

Hello Roy and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you -

I note you mention the key battery "went flat"... but , it actually sounds as though the remote / fob more likely failed as a unit... I say this because when you replace the battery in this unit, it should just carry on and work - ie, no programming etc required.

So if its not working as you describe, it does sound like the fob has failed.

Im afraid these can only be successfully tested - ( and new ones programmed to your car if needed ) with the use of Jaguar plug in electronic equipment...

Again, its not the norm - they shouldn't lose their programming, but Its possible that it will re program using the equipment as above.. indeed, any dealer or such place as you use will try that first - so thats got to be your way forward on this one now Roy... one way or the other, thats the way to get this sorted for you...

If there is anything more you need on this or would like to discuss - by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.