Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

hi i have citroen ci 1.4 hd1 will not start unless i put fuel

Customer Question

hi i have citroen ci 1.4 hd1 will not start unless i put fuel direct into injector pump have checked for broken pipes all good any suggestions
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise you -

By far the most common issue that causes what you have on these is an air leak - ingress. This is often found to be a fault with the fuel filter body/ seals - often they are replaced as a whole unit -to cure this issue...

Its very hard to find such leaks - you need to use vacuum equipment to test to find - whether it be there or elsewhere.. remembering often diesels have such an air leak - but don't leak diesel out...

Some of these models also had in tank pumps- you would need to get your cars VIN and check with the Citroen parts dept to tell you if yours has an in tank pump - if it has, thats a big suspect then if its not an air ingress issue as above.

Plug in diagnostics are best to find the fault on these to be honest - there is only so much you can do "manually" as it were - and espeically of it comes to an issue with the main pump - If it has an in tank pump, you need to check the power supply / circuit to it, before condemning the pump ..

But working through as above you should get to the bottom of this - again, its a common issue but with the different causes as above.

If there is anything more you need or would like to discuss - by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.