Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

2001car. Oil level gauge just blinks, no countdown and no measurement.

2001car. Oil level gauge just blinks, no countdown and no measurement. Goes out after a minute or so.
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you ..

Given the info you have given, this would generally / normally indicate a fault with the oil pressure sender unit / sensor..

In any event - you need to have an oil pressure test done to confirm whether it is that - or a genuine low oil pressure fault with the lubrication system - then go from there with the results of that test..

If there is anything more by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again -

This is MIKE who answered your question as above - Im just checking in with you to see if you need anything more at all - Please do let me know if you need anything - Or - if we are done, per the way justanswer works, I do just need you to now at this point , click on the "OK / Excellent ratings" for me please as that is how Im credited for helping you - Thank you again.

Kind Rgds to you - MIKE.
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert