Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

Polo 1.2 on 05 plate central locking rear offside door wont

Customer Question

Polo 1.2 on 05 plate central locking rear offside door wont unlock or open,any help will do,the central locking works by key only.

Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** IM happy to help / advise you..

You have either a fault with the actual locking mechanism inside the door -or, the wiring that electrically operates the locking - usually that is a broken wire where the wires come from the body to the door... but if it wont open manually - most likely its a defective lock as above.

You will need to get the door open to even deal with this.. There are two ways.. one is to move the seat right back to give you the best access - then you need to remove the inner door car to access the inside of the door -so that the door lock can be manually triggered to open the door - then the fault can be fully investigated. This is not easy - simply because the door is shut - but that is the only way Im afraid...unless.... the other / 2nd way as I said above - is to have a locksmith / garage use whats called a car lockout kit - this opens the door via working down by the glass - again - when the door is opened, the locking issue that can be investigated and fixed then - whatever then is found to be at fault -

If there is anything more by all means get back to me and we can carry on...

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Technician
Experience: Tech Expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi I have now got the problem sorted it was a broken lock, thanks Peter.