Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

how to change led lights in speedometer for a vectra c 2002

how to change led lights in speedometer for a vectra c 2002 model...what jind of bulbs are needed?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Kenneth..

This is MIKE - I am the same person who answered your other question re the needle fixing..

As you have the dash apart for the bulbs - if you look at the rear - the PCB - (board) you will see the black ( sometimes other colours too ) - bulb holders.

To change the bulbs you just grip the little holder and twist them free - they are much like a household bulb - just twist and pull though..

The bulbs you can get from any Vauxhall dealer parts dept or car shop - either way they are not expensive.

Yours is on a year change but some you had to change the whole holder with bulb - others, the bulb would pull out of the holder with a firm grip on the glass - try that but be careful not to break it. If its the type that you cannot pull the bulb out, Vauxhall dealer parts dept is your best bet - if it is the removable type, then any car shop - Their books will tell you what you need - usually a 1.2 capless bulb.

Let me know if you need anything else...

>> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - and on the other question also.... Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how do you remove 3rd brake light in the tailgate of the vectra c ..it jas to be taken put from the outside because the inside is sealed tight so its not possible from inside...any idea on how to remove it?

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Ken..

I take it yours is the one in the boot / hatch lid is it?

Please just confirm that for me?

Rgds - MIKE......................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes..and its sealed up on the inside so its supposed to be removed from the outside

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Ken -

Thank you for your reply - Im sorry I missed you earlier -

The LED strip comes out of the aperture through the inside Ken - you have to remove the cover panel on the inside to gain the access to the inside of the lamp to remove it .. Im not sure what the issue you have is there - but thats the way to get the unit out..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

-- Please do click on the OK ratings for me at this point Ken - Thank You... and if you do need anything more after doing that - by all means get back to me -